You can buy eGift cards online at a low price and sell them at a high price… A basic arbitrage, if done in bulk, can leave you with good profit.
So, if you need money urgently, this is one of the several things you can do: Get cash for gift cards.
In addition, there are several other things you can do – and several things you shouldn’t – to meet your financial needs.
Here are five quick dos and don’ts for when you need money urgently:
1. Don’t settle for bad deals– In desperation for urgent money, it’s common to settle for deals that offer less return. For instance, if you have a bunch of gift cards or sneakers, you’re more likely to sell them to the first few buyers than do proper research to find the right buyer who would offer optimal value. It happens when you’re in a hurry because you want to close the deal as quickly as possible and have the money with you. Don’t make this mistake. Stay away from such bad deals.
2. Do grab the small opportunities– Continuing with the same example of buying and selling gift cards… It won’t make you rich but it would certainly leave you with good profit that can be your side income. Similarly, there are many small opportunities that won’t make you a fortune but they would make you decent money. Don’t let go of these opportunities just because they are “small”. Grab them and make whatever money you can.
3. Don’t go the wrong way– For instance, don’t go into crypto-trading just because it is in the news and others are making money this way. Don’t opt for quick-money schemes. Don’t buy into the “get rich quick” ideas and courses. Do things that are legit and don’t involve any risks.
4. Do explore different options– Today, more than ever, there are countless ways to make extra money. You can freelance, be a consultant, and flip items (from sneakers and laptops to sports cards and more). You can create online videos or start a podcast. There are many options that can make you money in the short and long-term. So, do explore all these options.
5. Don’t ask for money from “wrong” people– This is very important to remember. When you need money, you will likely ask your friends and family members for help. While that’s not something wrong, you should, however, be careful of whom you’re asking money from. Some people may start demanding pay-back immediately after giving you the money. They may start putting pressure on you. This can make your situation even worse. So, be very careful of whom you’re asking money from; make sure you know and trust those individuals.
These are five dos and don’ts for when you need money urgently. Good luck!